Your use of the Site and/or provision of your personal information or sensitive personal information to Simone Mitjans Coaching LLC constitutes your consent to the use, storage, processing and transfer of that information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) the data controller is Simone Mitjans Coaching located at 141 Thomas Drive, Clark, NJ 07066 and phone number is 732 388.0584. Simone Mitjans Coaching LLC is an organization based in the United States.
We respect your privacy and the rights to control your personal data. We want to be clear about the data, and why we collect it. Your data is protected by us, and we do not and will not sell your data to third parties. This privacy statement explains the information we collect and how we will use it. Please read this statement carefully to understand how we may collect, use, and share your personal information.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact us at info@SimoneMitjans.com or at 732 388 0584. If you have any questions about the SMC site, please contact us at info@SimoneMitjans.com or by phone at 732 388 0584 or by regular mail at: Simone Mitjans Coaching LLC 141, Thomas Drive, Clark, NJ, 07066
Throughout SMC Websites, there are forms for visitors to request information, products, and services. We use personal information from these forms to provide the products, promotional materials, or memberships that you request.
Forms on the SMC Websites that request financial information do so in order to bill you for products or services ordered. Unique identifiers (specifically, your SMC member number) are collected from website visitors to verify the user’s identity for access to restricted content or features on the SMC Websites.
- What information do we collect?
- What are “cookies” and how does SMC use them?
- Do we share information with third parties?
- How do we use the information we collect?
- How can you review and modify your personal information?
- What is the opt-out policy for SMC Websites?
- Your California privacy rights
- Your European privacy rights
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- How do SMC Websites use bulletin boards, discussion lists, and moderated chats?
- What information do we collect?
SMC Websites collect the following personal information about site visitors:
- a) Site Use Information
SMC collects technical information relating to each time a visitor comes to a SMC Website, including IP address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform type (e.g. Internet Explorer browser on a Windows platform).
We may also collect information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Gathering this technical information helps us to learn what browsers we need to support and helps us determine what sections of SMC Websites are most popular and how many visitors come to our site(s). You do not have to register with SMC Websites before we can collect this information.
- b) Information You Give Us
You may provide personal information to us which may include your name, home and/or work email address, postal address, phone number and/or fax number, your employer and job title, demographic information about you including birth year, certification designation, etc., and if you are making a purchase, your credit card information. You are only required to provide such information if you want to take advantage of optional products and services provided through SMC Websites.
SMC collects personal information in the following ways from different parts of the SMC websites:
- SMC Membership Applications: You are sharing personal information with us when you join SMC or renew your SMC membership through the SMC Websites. SMC members will have SMC membership log-in credentials which enable members to take advantage of restricted content and features on SMC Websites.
- Other Registration: When registering for specific services we may ask for the same type of personal information. For example, if you subscribe to an e-mail newsletter, we will ask you to provide your e-mail address.
- Online Purchases: When you make a purchase using the SMCStore or when you subscribe to an SMC publication through the SMC websites we may also ask for the same type of personal information. The number and variety of useful services on SMC Websites that may require the collection of personal information about you will continue to grow in the future.
2. What are “cookies” and how does SMC use them?
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a website to the hard drive of your computer. This unique number identifies your web browser to SMC computers whenever you visit SMC Websites.
- Identify return visitors. Cookies let us remember your web browser so we can provide personalized member services such as My SMC and SMC search agents. Cookies also allow us to identify SMC members who are returning to the site.
3. Do we share information with third parties?
Personal information collected through SMC Websites is generally collected and maintained solely by SMC or its contracted vendors.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- a) Information You Give Us – Personal information provided when you register for services or products. When you provide personal information about you on SMC Websites to register for a service, buy a product, or take advantage of promotion SMC reserves the right to sell or otherwise provide to selected third parties, mailing/information lists derived from such registrations.
If you wish to opt out of such list sales/distribution at any time, you may do so by following the directions in Item 6 below. We will not share personal information relating to individuals based in the EU unless you have provided your opt-in consent. Information provided when joining or renewing membership in SMC. If you join SMC or renew your membership through the SMC Websites, you provide personal information about you on the membership application. SMC reserves the right to sell or otherwise provide mailing/information lists concerning members to selected third-parties. If you wish to opt out of such list sales/distributions at any time during your SMC membership, you may do so by following the directions in Item 6 below. We will not share personal information relating to individuals based in the EU unless you have provided your opt-in consent. SMC does not sell to third-parties, e-mail addresses obtained from member applications or renewals (except that SMC will rent a member e-mail address if that member has expressly opted in to allow such rentals).
Sensitive Personal Information. SMC does not share with third parties, sensitive personal information such as passcodes, social security numbers, credit card numbers, felony conviction information, or health information except as necessary to complete transactions requested by you and under strict confidentiality and security protections; nor does SMC publish such sensitive personal information.
- b) Site Use Information
We disclose to third-party sponsors/advertisers aggregate statistics (i.e., impressions and click-throughs on a company’s advertisement).
In addition, we may share aggregate website statistics with the media or other third parties. We do not disclose personal information to these sponsors/advertisers or other third parties as part of this process, only information in an aggregate form.
4. How do we use the information we collect?
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- a) Information You Give Us
We use the personal information you give us: to carry out our obligations arising from your membership and any other agreement entered into between you and us; to update and renew your membership as required ; to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us; to arrange and deliver conferences, events and programming relevant to your job and subjects of interest; to respond to your questions and provide related membership or customer services; to improve the SMC Websites; to send you SMC publications, information about member benefits and special offers, and other information that SMC believes is relevant and useful to its members, where you have not opted out of receiving such information ; to send you third party information that SMC believes is relevant and useful to you, where you have given your consent; to notify you about changes to your membership or related services or to ask you to provide feedback ; to enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey; to administer and protect our business and websites (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data); to comply with all applicable laws or legal processes, including providing information on individual users to the appropriate governmental authorities where required by law enforcement or judicial authorities
- in matters involving a danger to personal or public safety, or to protect the rights, property or safety of SMC, our members, customers, certificants or others SMC may voluntarily provide information to appropriate governmental authorities
- in some cases, members may receive products or services, which are paid for by their government employer, and as a result of payment by the government employer, the record must be open for public access pursuant to applicable law, and SMC will share such information pursuant to those laws
3.) b) Site Use Information
As mentioned above, SMC uses the aggregate, anonymous data collected to let our sponsors/advertisers know the number of impressions or views and the number of “click-throughs” on their advertisement(s).
SMC also uses this aggregate, anonymous data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of visitors to SMC Websites; to measure user interests regarding specific areas of SMC Websites, and to analyze how and where best to use our resources.
Without such data, we would not know which parts of SMC Websites are the most popular, and we would not be able to change and update the content and services appropriately.
- c) Exceptions
In those relatively rare situations where SMC does so it will clearly disclose to you at the time it collects such information, what degree of privacy will be afforded to the personal information collected at such time; and SMC will follow a process to assure that the specifically disclosed degree of privacy is in fact afforded to such information.
5. How can you review and modify your personal information?
You have the following options for modifying or causing to be deleted personal information or demographic information previously provided by you to SMC.
- You can send an email to info@SimoneMitjans.com.
- Send mail to the following postal address: SMC, 141 Thomas Drive, Clark, NJ 07066
- Call: 732 388 0584
6. What is the opt-out policy for SMC Websites?
SMC provides members and customers with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners. If you no longer wish to receive specific communications or services, you have the following options:
- You can send an e-mail to info@SimoneMitjans.com
- You can send mail to the following postal address: SMC, 141 Thomas Drive, Clark, NJ 07066
- You can call the following telephone numbers: 732 388 0584
Instructions for opting out of any SMC e-mail newsletter you receive are included with each e-mail.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
For California Residents Only. SMC may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries or other third parties who may use that information to market directly to you. As a California resident, you have the right to opt-out of having your personal information licensed to such third parties. We will not share your information after we have received your notification that you are opting out. If you wish to opt-out you have the following options:
- You can send an e-mail to info@SimoneMitjans.com
- You can send mail to the following postal address: SMC, 141 Thomas Drive, Clark, NJ 07066
- You can call the following telephone numbers: 732 388 0584
8. Your European Privacy Rights
For European Residents Only. If you are based in the EU, under certain circumstances, you have rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal information.
- Request access to your personal information. You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
Request erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you is deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information. You may have the right to request transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
If you wish to exercise your European data subject rights, you have the following options:
You can send an e-mail to info@SimoneMitjans.com
You can send mail to the following postal address: SMS, 141 Thomas Drive, Clark, NJ, 07066
You can call the following telephone numbers: 732 388 0584
9. What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
SMC Websites have security measures equal to or better than those reasonably expected in the industry, such as firewalls, in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information under our control. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Certain particularly sensitive information, such as your credit card number, collected for a commercial transaction is encrypted prior to transmission.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your SMC login credentials. You may not share your SMC login credentials with colleagues or friends so they can access content or features that are restricted to SMC members only. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
10. How do SMC Websites use bulletin boards, discussion lists, and moderated chats?
SMC Websites make bulletin boards, discussion lists, and moderated chats available to its members. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although users may post messages that will appear on the message boards anonymously, SMC does retain a record of who posts all notes.
If you submit personal information to SMC through any channel other than SMC Websites, the same privacy rules set forth at Part I above for SMC Websites will be applied to such personal information you submit through channels other than SMC Websites (including without limitation your opt-out rights at Part I, Section 6 above), except as follows:
- The “cookies” and other tracking devices used by SMC Websites and described in Part I above do not apply to personal information gathered through channels other than SMC Websites.
- Hardcopy personal information provided to SMC which is not converted to electronic media and hosted by SMC will be subject to different security procedures than will stored electronic personal information. SMC has security measures equal to or better than those reasonably expected in the industry, in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your hardcopy personal information under our control.
How We Collect and Use Information
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). SimoneMitjans.com only contacts individuals who specifically request and consent that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. SimoneMitjans.com collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing with consent. Generally, this information includes name and email address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is consensually provided to us by you.
We also with your consent to collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages.
Please keep in mind that whenever you consent to make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, in blog comments, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when a release is required to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
You may contact us at any time to request the information we store about you or to delete your information or data. We will reply to these requests within the time requirements of applicable law.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifiers that identify any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. You must be eighteen (18) years old to enter and use our site, and we require that you verify your age in order to use our Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
How do we store your information?
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers SimoneMitjans.com content and messaging. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver email to those who would like to receive SimoneMitjans.com material.
All of the messaging or emails that are sent to you by SimoneMitjans.com include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time, so please check back periodically and it is within our discretion to do so.
Although it is highly unlikely, this policy may be changed at any time at our discretion. If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our Website.